Thursday, February 10, 2011

the foot saga continues



I decided that they were cramping because i was too fat for my feet, and they didn't know what to do with all this extra weight.  Which was great for my self esteem.  When i finally enunciated those words MikeBlair told me to go see a podiatrist cause that wasn't the reason.  He was right.

My #2 & #3 toes have bones that are too close together, right above the ball of my foot, and they are rubbing and irritating the nerve during the workouts. Anything that requires me to be on the ball of my foot for long periods will cause them to go numb. Then cramp up if i keep at it. It's called Morton’s Neuroma. The podiatrist injected some cortisone into the tumors and said that i should be able to be back to my workout soon.

I am on a 60 day program and I'm on day 36. So taking a few days off wasn't my favorite, but ok. I took 2 days off and then tried it again. Still hurts. Ugh. Next day, still hurts. Ugghh.

I have never been an athlete, or even been mistaken for one. It's not been my thing to exercise. I tried some classes at the Y, off and on, for a couple of years and never saw any results so i would quit. I started this workout and it was SOOoo hard, but i stuck with it and have lost more than 12 inches so far. Yea! I was still not loving the workout, but i WAS loving the results. I was gonna be SO proud of myself for actually finishing the plan (60 days), AND was very excited to see the fruits of my labor.

SO~ today i called to Dr. office and they said. Since it was still hurting, they want me to wait 2 weeks and then come back in for MORE shots. *sniff* Then try to the work out again. *sniff*sniff* I am so discouraged. I will not be able to pick back up where i left off cause it too hard and i will have lost so much ground. I just am so mad at my stupid feet...

No comments:

Post a Comment